Welcome to the first episode of the Urbcast x ACT NOW series recorded during the ACT NOW Mayors’ Conference 2022 (organized by The Innovation in Politics Institute) which Urbcast was the Media Partner of. Over the next 4 weeks I will be presenting 4 interesting talks with deputy mayors and innovators from Belgium, Poland, and Sweden.
In this episode we will talk about: How to create a city FOR, BY, and WITH youngsters? ?
My guest is Jinnih Beels – Vice Mayor of Education and Youth, Antwerp, Belgium.
The topics we discussed:
- What does democracy mean in Antwerp?
- How to make the difference between what people want and need?
- How to work with the youth in the city planning?
- Why is it important to have an ear
- Top down participation
- How to prioritize city policies and find founding for realizing projects and agendas?
You get to know more about Jinnih, ACT NOW conference and the Institute:
- Jinnih: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jinnih-beels-80568965/?original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2F&originalSubdomain=be
- ACT NOW Mayors’ Conference: https://innovationinpolitics.eu/actnow/conference/
- The Innovation in Politics Institute: https://innovationinpolitics.eu
You can listen to the episode at: urbcast.pl/en/actnow1
You will find more information about the podcast at: https://linktr.ee/urbcast or urbcast.pl/en
Photo: Calvin Leander Herbstrith