Welcome to the 125th episode of Urbcast, in which we talk about: Meanwhile City: what is the power of temporary interventions in shaping cities? ?
Why should we talk about it?
Temporary use can be a vital tool for cities to adapt to change, revitalize spaces, test new ideas, and communicate with the public. We will discuss the MEANWHILE CITY book by Milk that gathers great case studies and knowledge on how to effectively implement temporary use in cities.
My guest today is Petra Marko – Architect and urbanist, Placemaking Director at Milk and Co-author of the Meanwhile City. The talk with Petra brings her placemaking experience and should be useful for city leaders, urban practitioners and private developers, but also anyone who wants to enhance a city’s ability to recover in the face of adversity and encourage changes.
Some of the topics we touched upon:
- What is placemaking & temporary use in shaping places & communities?
- What are key insights for successful temporary use in urban development?
- How does long-term funding play a role in temporary use & potential challenges?
- How to react to gentrification – a possible side effect of placemaking?
? Meanwhile City: https://meanwhilecity.milk.sk/
You get to know more about the guest:
- Petra Marko: https://www.linkedin.com/in/petra-marko-78695723/
- Milk: https://www.milk.sk/places/
You can listen to the episode at: urbcast.pl/en
You will find more useful links at: https://linktr.ee/urbcast