Welcome to the 135. episode of Urbcast, in which we talk about: Neighborhood Lab: how to create inclusive and thriving communities? 🧐
Why should we talk about it?
City dwellers face many challenges like, e.g., loneliness. Let’s discuss the importance of local identity and social cohesion in transforming housing areas into thriving neighborhoods. By focusing on identity and inclusive community building, we can revitalize existing neighborhoods.
Today I talk to Ofri Earon, founder of Neighborhood Lab Founder of Neighborhood Lab – a consultancy that develops evidence-based interventions to improve urban sustainability and quality of life
We talk about how local identity and social cohesion can transform housing areas into thriving neighborhoods. By building inclusive communities, we can revitalize existing neighborhoods and make them places where everyone can flourish.
Some topics of today:
- What is a neighborhood, and how does it contribute to the identity of a city?
- What are the challenges of revitalizing existing neighborhoods?
- How can it revitalize existing structures while improving quality of life?
- What role can small-scale interventions play?
- The Power of Us by Jay J. Van Bavel and Dominic J. Packer
You get to know more about the guest:
- Ofri: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ofri-earon-252b62b3/
- Neighbourhood Lab: https://www.neighborhoodlab.dk/
- Article: The Triad of Social Sustainability
You can listen to the episode at: urbcast.pl/en
You will find more useful links at: https://linktr.ee/urbcast