Welcome to the newest episode of Urbcast, in which we discuss: How will cycle superhighways bring Denmark and Sweden closer?
Why should we talk about it?
Because Greater Copenhagen has an ambitious goal of becoming the world’s best metropolitan area for cycling. It published the Strategic Cycling Plan for Greater Copenhagen which is a great example of regional strategic planning with a focus on multimodal transportation.
Why is it worth listening to?
To get to know how to connect the bike-friendly cities of Greater Copenhagen (Copenhagen, Malmö, Lund and many more) and turn the region into a well-integrated labour market with a coherent transport system.
About the guest:
Signe Helledi – Special Consultant at Supercykelstier
Some time ago I found an interesting read: the Strategic Cycling Plan for Greater Copenhagen made by Supercykelstier. I wanted to share with you the idea behind Greater Copenhagen’s development. How can we develop the whole metropolitan region with a bike as a tool? I decided to talk to Signe and learn about their approach to regional development.
Topics that we talked about:
- What is the main idea behind Greater Copenhagen?
- Is there something like the Greater Copenhagen mentality?
- How to seamlessly connect two countries across the Øresund strait?
- What is the Strategic Cycling Plan for Greater Copenhagen?
- How can bicycles be a tool in creating growth and development in the region?
- What Denmark has to catch up with if it comes to biking?
You get to know more about Signe and Supercykelstier:
- www: https://supercykelstier.dk/english/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/signe-helledi-a7775640/
You can listen to the episode at: urbcast.pl/en/episode73
You will find more information at: https://linktr.ee/urbcast