Welcome to the 75th episode of Urbcast, in which we discuss: How to Make Room and enable sufficient living?
Why should we talk about it?
Because Denmark has one of the highest amounts of floor space per person on the planet. It is forecasted that 113 million square meters of new development will be built in Denmark by 2050. But do we need that much newly built space, resources extracted, and emissions released?
Why is it worth listening to?
Because Matthew, Iddo and Andre bring together a perfect mix of education and experience within architecture, sustainability and business development.Using the innovative methodology and technological insights they reinterpret how people live in their spaces, what their needs, wants, and motivations are.
Abousustainabilityt the guests:
- Matthew Burnett – Architect, Strategic Design & Sustainability Consultant
- Iddo Goren – Architect, Strategic Designer, BE Innovation
- Andre Sanchez Montoya – Strategic Designer and Urbanist
Topics that we talked about:
- What is the main idea behind Make Room?
- Do Danes really need so much floor area per person?
- What is the role of sufficiency?
- How could architects transform the existing building stock, and reduce the floor space per person?
- Will people be willing to give out the extra sqm of their cosy apartments?
- How to convince them to do it for the greater good in the midst of crazy visions for Copenhagen like Lynetteholmen?
You get to know more about Make Room and its’ founders:
You can listen to the episode at: urbcast.pl/en/episode75
You will find more information at: https://linktr.ee/urbcast