Welcome to the 95th episode of Urbcast, in which we will talk about: How many plants do we need to increase our well-being? ?
Why should we talk about it?
We might know that exposure to nature is beneficial for us, and we are gaining an more and more knowledge about the positive impact of bringing greenery to indoor spaces. But how much greenery do we need to feel its impact on our health?
Why is it worth listening to?
Because my guest – Kelai shares her findings from the MOSS Lab 1.0 where she and her colleagues worked with Marlies Elbertse of Wageningen University & Research to study how different volumes of greenery impact people’s wellbeing in indoor spaces. The data they revealed is the first of its kind, and when scaled up, can add significant value to people and the built environment in general.
About the guest:
Kelai Diebel – is the Managing Director of Makers of Sustainable Spaces (MOSS), on a mission to deliver green and healthy buildings for our urban lives. She blends her architectural background, project management tactics, and global perspective with a lot of passion to promote a cleaner environment and a happier, healthier society.
The topics we discussed:
- What is the story behind the Makers of Sustainable Spaces?
- Why should we long for prolonged exposure to plants?
- Why is it important to work with cubic metrics of the foliage?
- What is the key in understanding the importance of plants?
- How many plants are needed to increase our well-being?
- Can we have too many plants in our indoor environment?
You get to know more about Kelai and MOSS:
- MOSS: http://www.moss.amsterdam
- Article that we talked about:http://www.moss.amsterdam/2022/03/31/moss-lab-1-0/
- Kelai’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kelaidiebel/?originalSubdomain=nl
You can listen to the episode at: urbcast.pl/en/episode95
You will find more information at: https://linktr.ee/urbcast or urbcast.pl/en