Welcome to the 106th episode of Urbcast, in which we will talk about: What is the future of sustainable buildings? ?
This is the last episode brought to you as a part of the Urbcast x Urban Future series, recorded during Urban Future Conference 2022.
I had a big honor to be the Media Partner of this amazing conference, and I am happy to share the result of it now.
Why should we talk about it?
We often hear about building sustainably. But how can we make sure that a building is truly a sustainable one? What is the role of building certifications? Who has the biggest say? And how can local authorities become more sustainable and climate neutral?
Why is it worth listening to?
Because Stephan has been working his way up at the German Sustainable Building Council for over 10 years and has an impressive knowledge about the certification tools & climate-positive cities. He supports local authorities to become sustainable and climate neutral.
We talked about:
- What are building certifications?
- Who can decide if a building is built in a sustainable way?
- What is the German Sustainable Building Council doing?
- How to transfer sustainable building knowledge between various countries?
- Are developers aware of the benefits of building in a green(er) way?
- What is the future of sustainable buildings (in Germany)?
Book recommendation by Stephan:
- Sustainable Urban Planning: Vibrant Neighbourhoods – Smart Cities – Resilience
You get to know more about Stephan and DGNB:
- DGNB: https://www.dgnb.de/en/index.php
- Stephan: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-stephan-anders-b7378313/
- Book: https://www.amazon.com/Sustainable-Urban-Planning-Neighbourhoods-Resilience/dp/3955534626
You can listen to the episode at: urbcast.pl/en/episode106
You will find more information at: https://linktr.ee/urbcast or urbcast.pl/en