Welcome to the 133. episode of Urbcast, in which we talk about: From Disaster to Adaptation: How is Copenhagen Tackling Climate Resilience? 🧐
Why should we talk about it?
Climate resilience is critical for the future of our cities. In light of the increasing frequency and severity of extreme weather events, such as the 2011 flooding in Copenhagen, it’s more important than ever to discuss adaptation strategies for our urban environments. Let’s talk about it!
Trine Stausgaard Munk was working worldwide with climate resilience & sustainability as a part of Ramboll Water and is now the Global Urbanism Manager at Henning Larsen. In our discussion we talk about the vulnerabilities of urban flooding in Copenhagen, exacerbated by climate change, and the adaptation strategies proposed to mitigate flood risk.
Some topics of today:
- Flooding in Copenhagen in 2011 and Lessons Learned
- Copenhagen’s Adaptation: Cloudburst Concretization Masterplan
- Climate Change Adaptation in Design
- Mitigating flooding: what’s the first step?
- A Field Guide to Climate Anxiety – Sarah Jaquette Ray
You get to know more about the guest:
- Trine: https://www.linkedin.com/in/trine-stausgaard-munk/
- Ramboll: ramboll.com
- Henning Larsen: henninglarsen.com
- Cloudburst Concretization Masterplan: https://ramboll.com/projects/group/copenhagen-cloudburst
You can listen to the episode at: urbcast.pl/en
You will find more useful links at: https://linktr.ee/urbcast