Welcome to the 93rd episode of Urbcast, in which we will talk about: How to make a global impact with a local engagement? ?
Why should we talk about it?
Because acting local provides a familiar setting which simplifies the process and empowers cities to be more efficient. This is why we meet with various mayors at the ACT NOW Mayors Conference organized by The Innovation in Politics Institute to exchange ideas about how to overcome the crises.
Why is it worth listening to?
Because Mathis shares his experience from working with dozens of mayors another local leaders from the ACT NOW Network. We discuss how the worldwide events and “global crises call for local innovation”. Finally, we discuss what can a conference change and how to empower young leaders.
About the guest:
Mathis Dippon – is the Local Innovator & Programme Manager at The Innovation in Politics Institute, working especially with the ACT NOW international programme including The Network, Mayors’ Conference and Local Labs.
The topics we discussed:
- Why are small cities, villages and local communities important?
- How can acting on a local level reduce the complexity of the global world?
- How are the Local Labs organized?
- Why should we talk to city mayors?
- What is the ACT NOW network and the Mayors’ Conference?
- How to make a conference that leaves traces and inspires changes?
You get to know more about Mathis and ACT NOW:
- Conference: https://innovationinpolitics.eu/actnow/conference/
- Institute: https://innovationinpolitics.eu/institute/
- Local labs: https://innovationinpolitics.eu/actnow/local-labs/
- ACT NOW Mayors’ Network: https://innovationinpolitics.eu/actnow/mayors-network/
You can listen to the episode at: urbcast.pl/en/episode93
You will find more information at: https://linktr.ee/urbcast or urbcast.pl/en